In this post, I want to share with you two superb sites that can help you improve pronunciation by reading along.
By asking students to repeatedly read a selected text or story while simultaneously listening to a text or a story, you can help them
- improve reading fluency
- improve pronunciation
- improve automatic word recognition
1. The first site Listen A Minute.com is one I have been using for years. Here you can find alphabetically-listed topic- based activities from Airports and Harry Potter to Zoos.You don’t even need to register. It’s completely free!! Choose a topic and read along. One minute a day… that’s all they are asking and in return… you’ll be passing your listening/speaking tests with flying colours.
2. The second site I want to share with you is a youtube channel called Learn English Through Story ,where short stories at various levels are read at a slow pace to further improve reading and listening skills in English. There are 7 levels. Choose the one that fits your level best. Visit youtube and write Learn English through Story on the search box.
- Pick a topic or a story
- Set a timer for one minute, and read the article/ story aloud until the timer goes off.
- Read aloud the same passage three times or until you feel confident.
- Remember that the aim is to read along, not just to listen.