Looking for a way to spice up your online lessons? What if you could give every one of your students a whiteboard and have them interact with you from their homes? What if you could create a class, have them join the class, ask a question and have them answer at the same time, each on their own whiteboard?
What if I told you that neither you nor your students need to sign up, give an email or any other information and that it is super simple to set up?
Have I managed to persuade you? Then, keep on reading!
How to do it
- Go to whiteboard.fi and click on New Class
- Give your class a name and click Create new Class
- Give your students the link to your class or the code
- Ask students to write their real names. They will appear in your class as they join in
- Have students answer your questions on their whiteboards and you will be able to see their answers in real time.
- Clear all whiteboards and ask your next question
- Don’t forget to close your room when you have finished your lesson
Some quick ideas to use it:
- dependent prepositions
- irregular verbs
- words related to a given topic
- sentences using vocabulary or a grammar structure
- pub quiz
I have created this video tutorial to help you set up a room. It is really very easy and it could help spark your next online lesson.
Enjoy teaching!!! Even from home!!!!