Although the use of the article in English seems a priori an easy subject to teach, the truth is that some students struggle with the use and omission of it.
What can you find in this post?
- Intermediate level:
- Animated video with some rules on the use and omission of the articles “the, a/an”
- Some links to exercises from around the web to consolidate knowledge.
- Advanced Level:
- An engaging quiz with feedback notes featuring some difficult cases related to the use and omission of articles.
Grammar. Watch the presentation. Pause it as often as necessary to understand and assimilate the rules.
Exercises: Links to interactive exercises from around the web to consolidate knowledge.
- Pronunciation of the article “the”
- Exercise 1 (a/the/zero article)
- Exercise 2 ( use and omission of the article “the”)
- Exercise 3: “a” or “an”
- Exercise 4: a quiz (a/an or the)
- Exercise 5: a, an, the or no article
1 thought on “The Article in English: Explanation, Exercises and a Challenging Quiz”
Thanks for the video! A little addition to your list of exercises https://lingbase.com/en/english/grammar/article/exercises