I’ve been meaning to use this tool for quite a long time but the right time never seemed to come.
I think this little dialogue performed by my most elementary students is a nice way of showing you what Voicethread is. VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam).
I want to thank María Sánchez and Rocío Ibias in the first dialogue and Eva Bedia and Ainhoa Nuevo in the second (from IES Cesar Rodríguez – Grado) for their enthusiam. Thanks girls, I would never have done it without you!
To use Voicethread you need to register but it only takes a minute and it can help you a lot improve your speaking and writing abilities. How ?
- You can record yourself describing pictures
- You can add comments to photographs
- You can tell a story using different pictures
It also has a lot of potential for teachers.
- I intend to use it for debates on issues: by asking students either to record themselves or type their own ideas
- I have already used it to record students doing role-plays
I’m sure you have plenty of ideas to use VoiceThread. Why don’t you share them with us ? Please, send a post if you want to contribute with your own ideas.