- To learn English is important? or
- Learning English is important?
A long time ago, having an infinitive as subject of a sentence was just normal. So you could easily say:
- To learn English is important or To eat healthy food is good for you
However, in modern English having an infinitive as subject of a sentence is very unusual, especially in an informal style. Instead, we use:
- “it” as the subject and put the infinitive clause later.
- It is important to learn English
- It is good for you to eat healthy food
2. -ing structure
- Learning is important
- Eating healthy food is good for you
Hope you have found this post useful!!
Source: Practical English Usage by Michael Swan