How many expressions do you know containing the word MIND? Have a look at these ones:
Can you guess their meaning? Click to display
Intend ( to get)
decided to try and achieve// it can also be followed by “to”
cannot remember anything
Adopt a different opinion or plan
Make a decision
Be thinking of someone or something
make her stop thinking about
Now , try to answer these questions containing expressions with the word “mind”
- What do you need to bear in mind when …?
- buying a second-hand car?
- setting up your own business?
- writing a composition?
- Are you an indecisive person ? Do you often change your mind? Do you change your mind about trivial things or about more serious ones? When was the last time you changed your mind about something?
- Are you planning your next holidays? What sort of holidays do you have in mind?
- Do you find it easy to make up your mind ..
- when you are buying clothes?
- when the option is telling a lie or telling the truth?
- Talk about the last time your mind went blank. Where were you? What were you doing? What happened?
- Talk about a time
- you went out of your mind with grief
- you wanted something so much , you just went out of your mind and paid a fortune for it
- you were bored out of your mind
- Finish the sentence: It seemed impossible at first but I set my mind on …. and
- Where do you go and what do you do to take your mind off your problems?
Test your knowledge below (only for Spanish students)